This begins a series of virtual sprint "seminars" that I'm sure many of you will enjoy. I - along with two of our Summer interns, Josh and Goose - have been working with a number of our college baseball guys to improve their sprinting speed. Given we meet with them 2x/week outside of their usual lifting program, and that they're making some sort of improvement each and every session, it makes for excellent blogging fodder that hopefully you human movement geeks out there will enjoy.
Questions that will be answered in this episode:
- What is the Falling Start? And why does it help with improving sprint speed and mechanics?
- Why having or developing "quick feet" may NOT actually be the answer you're looking for when it comes to improving sprint speed.
- Common errors that nearly everyone makes during the falling start, and how to correct them.
- How to reduce your risk of injury when beginning a sprint training program.
- What Street Fighter can teach you about ensuring a strong acceleration off the line.
Comments? Feedback? Was this helpful? Mind blown? Share any thoughts below!